When All Else Fails, Worry!
By Stuart McAllister
“Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, and with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.”—Philippians 4:6
Sometimes I get the feeling from our media that there is a serious effort underway to keep us all anxious, in a state of informed concern, and always on the alert against—well, everything. Rather than a balanced, more general, and necessary exhortation to be cautious, we seem to manufacture fear. We take the advent of 24/7 news, a proliferation of “experts,” and a deluge of “the latest studies,” and out comes an overdose of worry or outright fear.
To read this article, see http://rzim.org/a-slice-of-infinity/when-all-else-fails-worry.
- Keys to a Vibrant Prayer Life
- A Woman, a Slave, and a Gentile
- Death Is Not the End
- Seek First
- Little Things Make a Big Difference
- God in Three Persons: The Trinity
- Walking with God through Trials
- The Sacred of the Ordinary
- The Holy Spirit
- Current Events: Speculations and Opinions