We chose Anchor because it symbolizes our connection with the Lord. He is our anchor—steady, strong, sure. He keeps us stable even when the waves are rough and the storms are raging. “We have this hope as an anchor for the soul, firm and secure.”1
This site exists to provide devotional material delivered in a user-friendly format that we hope will make it easy for you to have moments of communion with God in the midst of your busy life. The aim of this site is to provide material that assists you in gaining the following from your times with the Lord:
- Closeness to Jesus. Gaining a deeper relationship with Him. Getting to know Him better.
- Renewal in the spirit. Fresh vision. New strength.
- Greater faith.
- A deeper understanding of God’s words.
- More love for Jesus and love for others, including those who don’t yet know the Lord.
- Continued desire for personal and spiritual growth in your life.
- More of the manifestations of the Holy Spirit in your life—love, humility, joy, patience, gentleness, and more.
- Better reactions to problems or difficulties, because you’ve spent time communing with Jesus and have absorbed a little more of God’s nature.
A couple of disclaimers:
- We don’t anticipate that every post will appeal to every reader. Some will be geared more to certain lifestyles or interests. We hope that you feel uplifted by what is posted here, and that you are also able to share appropriate articles with others. This site is meant to be a source of devotional material that you can pick and choose from to enhance your spiritual life.
- We will be linking to/posting articles, audios, videos, and guest contributions that are uplifting, inspiring, and devotional. Including such material does not mean that everything expressed therein is doctrine of the Family International, nor that TFI endorses everything that the authors say. The criteria are whether the overall spirit and the message portrayed are uplifting, inspiring, and draw people to Jesus.
We welcome suggestions and contributions for this site, which can be sent to firstname.lastname@example.org! We look forward to hearing from you.
This site is the property of the Family International (TFI), and is administered by the Mission Services division of TFI.
All content on Anchor is copyrighted by the Family International (TFI) and our contributors unless stated otherwise. Anyone who submits original content to Anchor retains unique ownership of the content, but grants TFI the right to repost, print or record it in all languages, unless they have specifically requested otherwise at the time of submission.
Readers are welcome to share posts or excerpts of this site’s content with others who you feel would benefit from the material.
If you wish to use material from this site for commercial or for-profit purposes, you may only do so with express permission from TFI or from the original authors. Write to email@example.com.
Website development by Jude Osborn.
1 Hebrews 6:19 NIV.