The Pursuit of Success
By Max Jeganathan
Speaking from Singapore, Max Jeganathan compares Jesus’ parable of the man who sold his field to purchase the pearl of great price and the story of a pearl diver in John Steinbeck’s book, The Pearl, whose life is destroyed by his pursuit of success by worldly standards. While both were pursuing a pearl of great price, one pursued a pearl that represented eternal life, the other a worldly pursuit that ended in loss and tragedy.
Our pearl of great value is relationship with Jesus. Everything else flows from our relationship with Jesus. He is the One who most perfectly embodies the kingdom of heaven that this parable talks about. But not only is Jesus our pearl of great value, but you are God’s pearl of great value. Jesus took up brokenness and pain and gave up everything of Himself to save you and me.
Run time for this video is 36 minutes.
- Keys to a Vibrant Prayer Life
- A Woman, a Slave, and a Gentile
- Death Is Not the End
- Seek First
- Little Things Make a Big Difference
- God in Three Persons: The Trinity
- Walking with God through Trials
- The Sacred of the Ordinary
- The Holy Spirit
- Current Events: Speculations and Opinions